SMS/test message “Service Center” phone number is +13199819700
I bought this unlocked phone off of e-bay for $15. Here's what I did to get it talking to I-Wireless
I bought this unlocked phone off of e-bay for $20. Here's what I did to get it talking to I-Wireless
- Install Blackberry Desktop Software from www.blackberry.com
- On your PC, click on TOOLS → MOBILE INTERNET SETTINGS.
- click on ADD CUSTOM PROFILE
- PROFILE NAME = I-Wireless (doesn't really matter)
- ACCESS POINT = i2.iwireless.com
- all other fields blank.
- click on OK to save the custom profile
- click on SAVE then OK from the MOBILE INTERNET SETTINGS menu.
- You can test by clicking on TOOLS → START MOBILE INTERNET
- This should tether your PC to your Blackberry and confirm that you have the data settings correct.
I did come acros this error message when loading some apps on it: your device does not currently have any browser configuration service book entries After a little search-engine-fu, I discovered that it appears that I get that message because my phone was originally sold to T-Mobile, and isn't considered by Blackberry to be “registered as an I-wireless device.” Rumor has it that you can register your unlocked phone by…
- click on OPTIONS → ADVANCED OPTIONS → COST ROUTING TABLE → push wheel to bring up menu → REGISTER NOW.
- I didn't have any luck going that route, so YMMV.
So far Opera Mini 4.2 for blackberry works great for web browsing. I haven't had any luck getting the official Blackberry Messenger or the official Yahoo or AOL IM clients to work. Yahoo's tries to authenticate forever and then gives up, AOL messenger says that it's not authorized to run on this particular Blackberry. Once again, YMMV. Trapster works, provided you manually enter your location (the model I have is sans GPS or camera). I'd call this phone a 75% success so far, and worth the $20 I shelled out for it.
I bought this unlocked phone off of e-bay for $28. Here's what I did to get it talking to I-Wireless
This one actually came from an I-Wireless store.
- GPRS Authentication = CHAP (dunno if it matters)
- Connections → GPRS → New
- Profile name “web1”
- Connects to: WAP Network
- Access Point, User name and all the rest are blank
- Connections → GPRS → New
- Profile name “web2”
- Connects to: The Internet
- Access Point: i2.iwireless.com
- Username and all the rest are blank
- Connections → Proxy → New
- Description “web1”
- Connects from: WAP Network
- Connects to: Work
- Proxy: 18.104.22.168:9401
- Type: HTTP
- User/Pass are blank
Anonymous said... Finally got pia mms working for iphone, here are the settings. Apn- wap9.iwireless.com Username blank Password blank Mmsc- http://mmsc.iwireless.dataonair.net:6667 Proxy- 209.004.229.032:9201 Max size- 600000 Prof url- blank Iphone 3gs 4.0 w/ 50$ unlimited pay in advance Sent from my iPhone